When you are young, you tend to have lot of ideas, dreams and raw energy. You want to work on projects that can change the world and make a difference to thousands of people around you. You want to learn new skills and push
yourselves to limits. You want to have sense of accomplishment. If you are working at big MNC, it is unlikely that you will be part of project that unleashes your full potential (technical, managerial etc.), while you are still young.
So you need challenging problems, interesting projects, experiments, adventures that will test yourself and discover something inside you that will take your personality, confidence, esteem to totally new level, before you get too busy with other responsibilities (spouse, kids, relatives etc.) that comes in course of life.
Personally, since I was 22, I was inspired by free software movement. It convinced me that few people, simple idea and lot of patience can have change the world for better. Recently, I worked for NGO Janwani for few months, and it was trilling experience of meeting great people and realizing that there so many interesting projects without anyone to manage/address them.
Following is an job opportunity at Parisar, an NGO working on various issues that effect every citizen of Pune city. Interested people can drop a mail to : info at parisar.org. If you need more information/advice on working with NGOs you contact me on gmail id : vijay.patil.
Job Opportunity at Parisar
Job Position : Project Manager/Coordinator
Location : Pune, Maharashtra, India
Type : Full Time
Note : Initial 2 months of employment would be under probation period. Your employment will be continued based on your performance.
Parisar undertakes various activities of different kinds to promote and advocate sustainable transport. These can be classified into three broad categories:
- Parisar undertakes projects which are either funded by some agency or sometimes without any external funding. These projects are meant to achieve specific goals, such as improving awareness about cycling in certain classes of society.
- Parisar organizes and participates in events related to sustainable transport planning, policy and promotion.The events could range from cycle rallies to protest marches to workshops on transport planning and advocacy.
- Parisar also undertakes some analytical activities to measure the impacts of policies and decisions, and suggest ways forward.
For more information visit our website : http://www.parisar.org
- Understanding projects/activities planned by Parisar team.
- Project management, execution and insuring successful project completion.
- Understanding different government initiatives, policies, laws, budget etc.
- Interacting with various level of government, stakeholders of undertaken projects.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers. Should be fluent using spreadsheet programs, documents, database, communication tools, email etc.
- Ability to lead/manage small teams.
- Sensitivity to the needs of citizens, particularly the disadvantaged, and environmental sustainability.
- Ability to think out of the box and long-term.
Why work at Parisar
- Parisar provides a good place & platform for you to understand various challenges in front of cities like Pune.
- This job is an opportunity and freedom to make positive contribution to build a better society.
- This job involves working on specific projects and on completion gives a sense of accomplishments - in particular when you see changes on the ground which result from your work.
- You will get an opportunity to meet and interact with interesting people from various levels of government, leaders, social groups and media.
If you are interested in the job profile please send your resume to : info at parisar.org.